Shopping last week, I was inspired by a recent episode of Domino’s Design Time featuring Ina Garten to pick up only the freshest produce and make something on a whim. That’s where these yummy pears came in.
Ina mentioned how the French shop differently than Americans, usually picking up items daily depending on what’s fresh and in season. Considering what to make as an after thought based on the produce. Although grocery shopping daily is a bit far fetched for my lifestyle, I liked the idea of picking out what looked good and being creative.
Saturday morning, Mitch ran with the kids to pick up doughnuts and kolaches. I was in the mood for something a little lighter, when I remembered these beautiful pears.
It only took a quick Pinterest search to find this easy recipe that sounded like it would suit my craving: Baked Pears with honey, pecans, and cinnamon. Which also sounded like just the thing for a cold winter morning.
Prep Time: 2 mins | Cook time: 25 mins
Course: Breakfast, Dessert
- 3 Pears
- ⅓ Cup honey
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ Cup pecans roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Cut pears in half.
- Using a teaspoon core out the seeds.
- Cut a small sliver off the bottom so the pears remain straight when baking.
- In a small bowl combine half the honey with half the cinnamon and half the vanilla.
- Place the pears, side up, in a baking dish. Drizzle the pears and take to the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the pears are baking combine the remaining honey, cinnamon and vanilla with pecans. Pour over the pears and bake for 10 more minutes or until soft and slightly golden.
- add a scoop of vanilla yogurt and drizzle with the cinnamon syrup at the bottom of the dish
- if you want to try for dessert substitute a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream
Shop the Post
Don’t let the simplicity of this recipe fool you. The warmth of the pears and cinnamon with pecans was like nature’s version of a healthy Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. Mixed with vanilla yogurt, it blended nicely for a light guilt-free breakfast.
Keyword: baked pear dessert, baked pears, baked pears recipe, baked pears with honey, cinnamon baked pears