I couldn’t wait to try this pineapple banana bread recipe when I came across it on Pinterest. With all of my favorite fruits, pineapple, coconut, and banana, I knew this would be delicious! If you’re looking for something to enjoy with your morning coffee, look no further.
If you’re like me, you look forward to your morning cup of coffee and I especially love when I find a good pairing!
“On Sundays, my coffee is recreational. As opposed to weekdays when it is medicinal.” – Sweatpants and Coffee
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds (optional)
- 1 ripe banana, well mashed
- 1/2 cup well drained crushed pineapple (reserve the juice!)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- reserved pineapple juice
- Set oven to 350F
- Cream the butter and the sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer, or do it with electric beaters. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then the extract and poppy seeds.
- Blend in the drained pineapple, the mashed banana, and the coconut.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and just mix on low speed until everything is blended.
- Spray or lightly butter a standard loaf pan and line it with parchment paper with long overhanging ends (this is optional) so you can lift it out for glazing.
- Spread the batter evenly into the pan and rap it against the counter once or twice to release any air bubbles.
- Bake for about 65-70 minutes, until risen, golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out without wet batter clinging to it.
- Cool on a rack before glazing.
- To make the glaze, mix the confectioner’s sugar with enough of the reserved pineapple juice to make a spreadable glaze.
Note: I came across this recipe on Pinterest, originally from The View from Great Island
Thanks for stopping by!